UFO UpDates
A mailing list for the study of UFO-related phenomena
'Its All Here In Black & White'
Location: UFOUpDatesList.Com > 1998 > Jun > Jun 12

911/UFO Pursuit - Interview with WYTV 33 Reporter

From: Kenny Young <task@fuse.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 03:42:52 -0700
Fwd Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:22:50 -0400
Subject: 911/UFO Pursuit - Interview with WYTV 33 Reporter

Trumbull County Investigation:
Discussions with the reporter from Ch. 33

Delving further into the mysterious affairs surrounding the 1994
Trumbull County Disturbance, I contacted a Ms. Stacey Adger, a
news reporter with WYTV Channel 33 in Youngstown, Ohio.

Adger is the reporter whose voice is heard on the 9-1-1 tapes,
inquiring with the Trumbull County dispatch headquarters of the
UFO situation.

I first spoke with Stacey Adger on June 8, 1998, and asked her
why this story was never reported, and how such an incredible
event could have been kept so quiet for so long.

She said that she was off of work in the two days following the
incident, and nobody else ever 'reported' on the situation. She
said that while she was off, she "did some checking" into the
story, but nobody would tell her anything. She added that she
was fully aware of the numerous UFO reports and the police
pursuit of an unknown object.

I asked Stacey about the FAA involvement with the report, and
where the FAA tower was in relation to the airbase. She said the
airbase and airport are both in Vienna, Ohio, adjacent to one
another. This is the same area where the UFO was sighted. Adger
said that if the security guard was visually observing the UFO
from his vantage point at the airport, there is "no way" the FAA
tower could NOT observe the UFO, especially from a 70-foot
elevation and using binoculars.

She was aware that a Howland police officer was standing
alongside a security officer at the airbase and both were
observing the UFO. Neither could identify the object.

Stacey said that she called the airport herself that night, and
talked with the same FAA tower operator who was on the tape.
This man told her that 'people were pulling pranks' and there
was nothing on radar.

She recalled the first woman who phoned in, and said that the
woman was extremely scared. The woman described the UFO as a
bluish-green object that was real close to the ground, and had
lights associated with it.

I told Stacey that I had been advised by the 9-1-1
telecommunicator (who furnished me the tape) that she was also
going to be sent a copy, and we would be the only two
recipients, aside from several police officers who wanted a copy
for their own curiousity. I asked her if she had received her
copy, and she said that she did. She said she has listened to it
5 or 6 times now, and each time was thunderstruck by what she

I asked if she conveyed information of this to others, and she
said that she has not. She announced that she was the only
person in the news media who had the tape.

She has not told anyone about it, because she "wanted to check
with certain persons involved," whose careers may be in
jeopardy, she was inclined to suspect. Evidently, she was given
to believe that the tapes were removed from the regular storage
area and were hidden in another part of the 9-1-1 center. Adger
felt that the tapes may have been hidden purposefully.

Yours truly was also told by one of the telecommunicators that
the tapes were mysteriously 'misplaced' in another location, or
lost altogether. The telecommunicator expressed to me that when
he noticed the tapes missing, he was 'spooked.' He did not,
however, interpret this as a conspiratorial act, because he said
there was a 'backup' tape located elsewhere that he was able to
retrieve. The exact circumstances surrounding this situation is
still unclear, but there was a definite problem which surfaced
when the tapes were initially sought for retrieval. [I hope to
clarify these details in a later report.]

Adger thought that any reportage of this incident may have grand
ramifications. She also was aware of the re-assignment of the
air traffic controllers at the Youngstown FAA after the UFO

During my June 8 discussion with Stacey Adger, she said that her
managing editors are not aware of this situation, and she didn't
have any plan on when or how to tell them. She feared that the
News Director may "hop all over" the story with a motivation not
to focus on the UFO incident, but to wrongfully characterize the
9-1-1 center in a false light.

I spoke with Stacey Adger again on June 12, and still she gave
no indication that this story is being pursued, or that she has
given the information to the News Director. She did say that her
initial estimation that the tapes were deliberately concealed by
the management of the 9-1-1 center were 'probably incorrect.'

In my reflections of this entire situation, the news staff of
WYTV Channel 33 in Youngstown, Ohio is largely to blame for this
story being concealed from the public so. Certain persons on the
news staff have been in full possession, from the beginning, of
this remarkable account. No efforts were made to report on this
event. Even after acquisition of these incredible tapes, this
valuable data has not been addressed, and there is no indication
that it will yet be pursued.

Following my June 8 phone call, I assumed that reportage of this
incident would shortly commence. This has not been the case, and
I am under the impression that the staff of Channel 33 longs for
this matter to be swiftly swept aside and forgotten.

During my June 12 conversation, Adger even acknowledged that her
initial fears were unfounded, and the understandable concerns
for the job safety of others were largely exaggerated. Despite
no expressed interest in addressing this incident with the
Channel 33 news forum, Adger agreed with me that the tapes are
shocking and are of extreme

June 12, 1998
UFO Research

[ Next Message | Previous Message | This Day's Messages ]
This Month's Index |

UFO UpDates Main Index

UFO UpDates - Toronto - Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp

Archive programming by Glenn Campbell at Glenn-Campbell.com