From: Alfred Lehmberg <Lehmberg@snowhill.com> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 07:54:12 -0600 Fwd Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:16:19 -0500 Subject: Re: Deficiency In SETI's Drake's Equation >Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:05:37 -0800 (PST) >To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <firstname.lastname@example.org> >From: Jim Deardorff <email@example.com> >Subject: Re: Deficiency In SETI's Drake's Equation >>Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:17:58 -0800 >>From: Ed Stewart <firstname.lastname@example.org> >>To: UFO UpDates - Toronto <email@example.com> >>Subject: Re: Deficiency In SETI's Drake's Equation >>>Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 17:01:51 -0800 (PST) >>>To: firstname.lastname@example.org >>>From: Jim Deardorff <email@example.com> >>>Subject: Deficiency In SETI's Drake's Equation <snip> >To Alfred Lehmberg, who wrote: >>I'm not surprised you never heard from anyone. Your idea >>regarding the equation points in the shadows of the other 98% >>that science refuses to consider or quantify because it doesn't >>predictably repeat, isn't observable, or is not in line with a >Yes, there's no point indeed in wasting time on the 98%. But >it's the other 2% whom it's sometimes worth trying to seek out. <snip> . . . Not what I said. I contend that to follow the preceding suggestion may be to consume the rind, while throwing the melon away. Science isn't the end -- it _may_ be a good beginning. Lehmberg@snowhill.com -- Explore the Alien View! Ponder the Wit & Wisdom of Ching Chow! http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/arecibo/46/ <Updated 28 January> John Ford Restoration Fund -- Send your checks and money orders to _me_, Alfred Lehmberg (cut out the lawyers, they got their's) at: 304 Melbourne Drive, Enterprise AL, 36330. Strict records kept. "Only thin, _very light_ envelopes with a return address will be accepted <g>." ~~~ $225.00 pledged -- $125.00 collected ~~~ "I cleave the heavens, and soar to the infinite. What others see from afar, I leave far behind me." - Giordano Bruno, while burning at the fundamentalist's stake.
[ Next Message | Previous Message | This Day's Messages ]
This Month's Index |
UFO UpDates - Toronto - Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp