UFO UpDates
A mailing list for the study of UFO-related phenomena
'Its All Here In Black & White'
Location: UFOUpDatesList.Com > 1999 > Jan > Jan 29

Roswell 1999 - Renewed Perspective?

From: Terry Blanton <commengr@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:51:26 -0500
Fwd Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 11:08:09 -0500
Subject: Roswell 1999 - Renewed Perspective?

From Jeff Rense's Web site at:




Roswell 1999: What Now?
By Thomas J. Carey & Donald R. Schmitt

As the millennium draws inexorably closer, we can look back and
see that the 50th Anniversary Year of 1997 witnessed
unprecedented national if not world-wide interest in the most
famous and most thoroughly investigated UFO case of all time:
the alleged 1947 crash of a flying saucer near the town of
Roswell, NM, and its subsequent retrieval and coverup by the
United States military commonly referred to as The Roswell
Incident after the title of the ground-breaking, if not
best-selling, 1980 book by Charles Berlitz and William Moore.
Countless mainstream magazine articles appearing in such August
publications from Time magazine to Popular Science to Popular
Mechanics gave Roswell the full-bore, cover-story treatment,
while just about every newspaper in the country, large and
small, devoted space to it.

On TV, magazine-style shows such as Hard Copy, Inside Edition
and the like devoted numerous segments to the case, while more
politically-oriented shows like the "cerebral" Nightline and
the more rough and tumble Crossfire did at least one show on the
subject. In-depth treatment of Roswell was provided by cable
TV's "educational" channels, The History Channel, The Learning
Channel and The Discovery Channel. The major network news shows
at ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN also did pieces (regrettably, to be
sure, these concentrated more on the sometimes bizarre hoopla
surrounding the anniversary activities than on the significance
of what all the hoopla was about).

The climax came on the acknowledged 50th anniversary day of
July 4, 1997 with all-day, live TV coverage from Roswell itself
by the cable network news station MSNBC detailing the events
taking place there that day. MSNBC's anchor, John Gibson,
presided over a one-sided discussion of the Project Mogul
hypothesis, featuring a parade of the usual cast of characters
[Col. Richard Weaver and Lt. James McAndrew (authors of the Air
Force's conclusion concerning Roswell) , Roswell-debunking
author Kal Korff who tried to demonstrate for viewers that it
was a Mylar-coated sponge that was found at Roswell, Charles
Moore (of Project Mogul fame) whose memory, unlike pro-Roswell
witnesses, is never questioned, Col. Joe Kittinger (of "dummies
from the sky" infamy) who shamelessly tried to suggest that he
was the model for the "red-haired Captain" in Glenn Dennis'
story, an so on], as the explanation of the 1947 events.

Several major motion pictures released before and after the
Roswell anniversary (The Rock with Sean Connery, Independence
Day with Jeff Goldblum, Will Smith and a cast of thousands, Men
In Black with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith again) as well as
some recent TV series (Dark Skies, The X-Files, etc.) have all
prominently featured or mentioned Roswell in the development of
their story-lines. A plethora of new books with Roswell in their
titles hit the book stores in time to try to cash in on the
"Roswellmania" of 1997: Beyond Roswell, UFO Crash at Roswell,
The Roswell File, and with at least one, The Day After Roswell,
making it to the New York Times best-seller list.

                  Case Closed?

Now, a year-and-a-half after those heady days, one may
justifiably ask, what has become of Roswell? As the song sung by
Peggy Lee laments, "Is that all there is?" No longer on evening
news broadcasts, is anything going on, or have things reverted
back to where they were prior to the anniversary? That would be
a sleepy little desert town proudly proclaiming, "Howdy, from
the Middle of Nowhere!", according to one pre-anniversary post
card. Hardly. In the town of Roswell, it can be reported that
new motels continue to spring up at a brisk pace to handle the
anticipated continuous stream of visitors to the International
UFO Museum there.

Roswell is now included as a "must-see" stop in most tour
packages to New Mexico and west Texas solely because of the
alleged 1947 incident. At the UFO Museum itself, besides its own
tour office, a growing research library and a regular schedule
of lectures, the exhibits continue to be expanded and updated as
new information is developed, and plans for a new,
multi-million-dollar facility on the edge of town are moving
along. Recently, the Museum welcomed its 500,000th visitor. More
and more in the minds of the public, the mere mention of the
town's name is becoming synonymous with UFOs. But what of the
Roswell Incident itself? Is it over, passe or, less likely,
solved? Has the Fat Lady, because of the continued absence of
verified "hard evidence", coupled with the passage of so many
years, finally sung on this one?


In 1994 and 1995, the U.S. Air Force offered up its first
official comments concerning the Roswell Incident since Gen.
Roger Ramey held his infamous afternoon press conference on July
8, 1947 during which he "emptied the Roswell saucer" by
contriving to "identify" the wreckage retrieved from the J.B.
Foster Ranch near Corona, NM by W.W. "Mac" Brazel [which was
later described by Maj. Jesse A. Marcel as being, "not from this
earth"] as nothing more than the prosaic remnants of a neoprene
rubber weather balloon and its attending aluminum-foil,
rawin-type, radar target.

This time, the Air Force finally admitted that their original
weather balloon story was wrong, that the wreckage was really
that of a neoprene rubber weather balloon and an aluminum-foil,
rawin-type, radar target [yes, Sports Fans, you read it
correctly] used in a then TOP SECRET project (Project Mogul)
which was attempting to detect Soviet atomic bomb detonations by
means of constant-level, balloon-borne acoustic sensors. While
the project was indeed TOP SECRET, the mundane equipment used in
it was not and was easily recognizable to military people and
civilians alike. In the end, the project was a failure as the
first Soviet atomic detonation was detected two years later in
August of 1949 by atmospheric chemical analysis - not by

In 1997, right before the beginning of the festivities in
Roswell (the timing was no accident in our opinion), the Air
Force staged a press conference announcing the release of a
follow-up report concerning the Roswell Incident which was
designed to try to counter the rumors of alien bodies reportedly
found at the alleged 1947 crash site [the 1994 and 1995 Air
Force reports did not address this issue at all]. They should
have left well enough alone. By claiming that stories of alien
bodies were probably attributable to high-altitude parachute
tests using anthropomorphic mannequins (i.e., "dummies")
conducted by the Air Force ten years after the Roswell Incident,
the Air Force and their eager supporters lost a lot of
credibility in the on- going debate. Reporters present at the
press conference were taken aback in amused disbelief upon
hearing this latest official "explanation" of Roswell, and the
so-called "Dummies from the Sky" hypothesis still evokes howls
of derisive laughter from both Roswell proponents and skeptics
alike. Unfortunately, the long-anticipated Government Accounting
Office's (GAO) report on Roswell, released in 1995, was

Tasked by New Mexico Congressman Stephen Schiff to try to
locate a "paper trail" pertaining to the 1947 Roswell events to
see if the documents relating to it were properly handled and
classified, it was only able to discover and report that all of
the documents from the Roswell base encompassing the time-frame
of the 1947 incident had been destroyed without apparent
authority. With the death of Congressman Schiff in early 1998,
the case lost an important public advocate in the halls of
Congress, and the momentum gained for official involvement in
the case seemed to have waned.

        Renewed Energy and Commitment

In the Spring of 1998, the two authors met for the first time
in several years and agreed on the need to continue an
aggressive, proactive Roswell investigation, especially now,
with an increased sense of urgency since witnesses seemed to be
"dropping like flies" at what is now becoming an alarming rate.
At some point in the not too distant future, there will be no
first-hand witnesses left to interview. Even now, we are talking
with an increasing number of children and grand children of
deceased principals. We also felt that the case, as it currently
stands, is still incomplete and probably not entirely correct
[and we are not talking here about Project Mogul which had and
has absolutely no bearing on the Roswell events of July, 1947].

Believing that there was yet more to learn about those long-ago
events, the authors agreed to collaborate and, as a result,
made two research trips to New Mexico in 1998, one in May and
one in October, for the purpose of "mining" for new witnesses
and re-interviewing old witnesses. Contrary to finding a stale,
over-plowed landscape populated with well-worn paths and dry
holes, we were assuredly impressed by the number of new leads
that we were able to obtain, as well as some surprising new
twists in the testimony of "old" witnesses. Right now, we
believe that we are on the verge of a new, or at least a
modified, Roswell timeline and in possession of more leads than
we can ever hope to follow in our lifetimes, given our present
resources. The following is the authors' first collaborative
effort and represents our consensus as to where we believe the
Roswell investigation will be heading as we approach the new

        The Search for Physical Evidence

No aspect of the Roswell investigation has been more
frustrating and less fruitful than the efforts of Roswell
investigators to turn-up or, in some cases, try to pry-loose "a
piece" of irrefutable hard evidence with "out-of-this-world"
properties that can be traced back to the 1947 incident. Time
and again, hopes are raised only to be dashed when the alleged
possessor of such an item cannot or will not deliver at the
moment of truth; or the claimed hard evidence turns out to be a
complete fiction (or, to be charitable, a "misunderstanding")
when the claim is investigated more closely; or when an artifact
actually does get into our hands, it turns out instead to be an
exotic piece of jewelry [such an example can now be seen
adorning a wall at the UFO Museum in Roswell].

During the Roswell Anniversary Days of 1997, Derrell Sims and
Paul Davids held an all too brief news conference to offer up a
piece of metal that they claimed came from the Roswell crash via
the all too familiar "unnamed source". They claimed that tests
had been performed on the artifact in question which suggested
an extraterrestrial origin for it and that, additionally, there
were other such pieces then being tested "at respected
universities" throughout the land which would no doubt also
prove to be of extraterrestrial "etiology". Dr. Roger Leir, a
member of that team, assures us that ongoing tests have also
proved positive. Unfortunately, in the year-and-a-half since the
press conference, Paul Davids has yet to learn the identity of
the "unnamed source". Not good.

In 1996, paranormal radio talk show host, Art Bell, came into
possession, again from an anonymous source, of small bits and
pieces of metal claimed to have come from the Roswell crash.
Metallurgical tests were performed, and the bits and pieces of
metal, known collectively as "Arts Parts", seemed to be made
mostly of aluminum but with a dash of a few other trace metals
for good measure. Is that it? Where do things stand now? It's
been three years now. More tests? Anybody heard? No follow
through. Fade to black.

When Roswell researchers obtain a lead that involves claimed
physical evidence, all other leads automatically go to the back
of the "queue" until the lead is exhausted (unfortunately,
usually as indicated above). However, we are confident that such
physical evidence is "out there" somewhere, and one of these
days, hopefully, sooner rather than later - more rather than
less, our frustrations will be rewarded. At present, our
investigation is in possession of several such leads that we
hope will bear fruit:

1. We are presently trying to enlist the cooperation of a
first-hand witness who claims to have actually held a piece of
something similar to Frankie Rowe's "memory metal" in his hands
within the past two years. We have gotten as far as having the
witness agree to meet with us personally to try to coordinate
with the owners of the artifact to let us examine it. It is
quite conceivable that by the time you are reading this we will
be meeting with all parties concerned.

2. We know of a retired MP (military policeman) whom we will
call "Dutch" who claims to have a piece of the Roswell wreckage
stored in his attic for safe keeping and who will supposedly
give up the piece to civilian investigators when he dies. But
when we talked to him, although in his late 70's, he sounded
like he was still in pretty good shape. How long do we sit
around and wait and do nothing? [and we are NOT remotely
suggesting anything like a Kevorkian intervention here, folks].

3. We have spoken several times to a relative of a well-known
Roswell personage who claims to know of parties who have pieces
of the Roswell crash material. When pressed further, he
identified one of them as none other than himself. When asked
for its provenance, he stated that it came, not from the craft,
but from "one of the bodies" from the crashed craft and that it
is currently being analyzed by degreed professionals in the
appropriate forensic fields. He claims that the artifact is not
a tissue or fabric sample, but "something else". He plans on
going public with this and other Roswell-related "evidence" in
his possession in 1999. We shall see.

4. There are several "proactive" steps that we are planning to
take to try to secure physical evidence originating from the
1947 Roswell crash. These are in the formative stages at the
moment as each requires resources outside the normal
resource-range of most Roswell investigators, including us.

The first project involves a full-scale archaeological "dig" at
the Foster/Brazel Ranch, site of the so-called "debris field".
Everyone agrees that something came down there in July, 1947
(even the Air Force agrees). The argument, of course, is about
just what came down. Archaeological consultants to our
investigation have told us that if pieces of whatever came down
in Brazel's pasture on that fateful day had lain on the desert
floor for even a period as short as one day, there is an
excellent chance that rodents of one sort or another [the area
is inhabited by prairie dogs and jack rabbits] would have
carried pieces of it into their nests. We know that whatever the
debris was, there were many, many small pieces of it scattered,
according to Jesse Marcel, over an area 3/4 mi. long by several
hundred feet wide. We also know that the material had lain on
the desert floor for not one but for at least four days, maybe
longer, ample time for eclectic rodents to conduct their
business. Having been to the Brazel site several times, rodent
holes as well as small sink holes indeed are in evidence [see
photos]. We are also encouraged to learn from our archaeological
consultants that what we seek (whatever it turns out to be)
should in all likelihood be waiting for us at a depth of no more
than 18 inches in soil that they term, "pack rat midden".

The second project is also located at the debris field site
located on the former Foster/Brazel Ranch. A half-dozen or so
first-hand witnesses have reported a long, fresh "gouge" or
"skid marks" running for some distance amongst the debris that
wasn't there prior to July, 1947 [the thought being that
whatever caused the debris also caused the "gouge"]. The "gouge"
was reported to have been visible at least for a few years after
1947 by several eye-witnesses, including Bill Brazel, Jr. and
Gen. Arthur Exon who flew over the site in 1949. It is not
visible today, having been filled-in by deposits laid down by
wind erosion, heavy summer rains and livestock traffic over the
ensuing years, but we know its former location from living
eye-witnesses. We also know from geologists with whom we have
spoken that we may be able to obtain a "fingerprint" of the
former "gouge", if there ever was such a deformation of the
landscape, by using a device known as a "GPR" (Ground
Penetrating Radar) which traverses the target area and produces
a readout or "fingerprint" of anomalies depending upon the depth
of the strata being diagnosed. Results from such a test would
amount to either positive or negative physical evidence,
corroborating or not corroborating this aspect of the Roswell
Incident. The problem, of course, is securing the use of a GPR
instrument for our purposes. At present, we have an offer from
a national laboratory for the loan of such equipment and have
had a meeting with a major university to sponsor and participate
in such a project.

The third project resulted from a "town meeting" that we held
in Corona, NM in October, 1998 seeking informants and/or
information relating to the 1947 incident. One of the items to
come out of the meeting was confirmation of a story that we had
heard before but could not "pin down", a story of a young fellow
who lived in the Corona area at the time named Fred Miller [he
was killed in Viet Nam in 1967]. Young Fred, according to
friends of his, had somehow obtained a number of pieces of the
Roswell debris from one of the crash sites and had shown pieces
of it around to a number of locals [confirmed by surviving
eye-witnesses]. As told to us, a piece of the "memory metal"
that Fred had in his possession had somehow made its way to the
senior prom one June night at Corona High School a year or so
after the incident [where, according to eyewitnesses, it was
passed around for amusement]. Word had it that Fred "stashed"
all of his Roswell material, as well as anything else he did
not want others to find - including some stolen or contraband
items - in his "personal cave". The problem was and still is
that there are many, many caves in the Corona area - too many
and too dangerous (rattlesnakes like to set up shop in them) to
try to examine for our purposes. To cut to the chase, on our
most recent trip to New Mexico, we were able to identify
"Miller's Cave". Do we have any brave spelunkers out there?

             Deathbed Confessions

In courts of law, so-called "deathbed confessions" are accorded
special weight and consideration from other testimony because
of the belief that when a person knows that he or she is
checking out for good, that person will want, in the end, to
have consciences cleared and truth to be his or her lasting
legacy. Perhaps the most significant "deathbed confession" to
date in the Roswell investigation has been that of the former
Provost Marshal at the Roswell Base in 1947, Maj. Edwin Easley.
When first interviewed by Roswell investigator, Kevin Randle,
all Easley would say was that he couldn't discuss the Roswell
Incident, that he was still sworn to secrecy. Over and over,
Easley would repeat that same phrase to each question that
Randle asked. Sometime thereafter, while on his deathbed, he in
fact confirmed to family members his participation in the
recovery of an extraterrestrial spacecraft and crew ["Ohhhhhh,
the creatures!"].

Just before he passed away in 1994, former Roswell base
adjutant in 1947, Maj. Patrick Saunders, wrote on a copy of The
Truth About the UFO Crash at Roswell (1994) that he sent to the
book's authors, Kevin Randle and Don Schmitt, this cathartic
statement, "This is the truth, and I still haven't told anyone".

As participants in the Roswell events of 1947 expire at an
increasing rate, it should be expected that we encounter more
confessions of the "deathbed" variety as time passes, and such
is indeed the case. A woman whose husband was an MP stationed at
Roswell in 1947 relayed to us the information that her husband,
on his deathbed four years ago, "confessed" to guarding the
perimeter - but not picking up the debris - at the Foster/Brazel
ranch site, while another woman told us that her husband, during
the last year of his life, in 1995, finally told her of his
involvement in the events. After seeing a show on TV that
featured the Roswell Incident, she at last asked him, "Well,
Dear, is it true?" He answered, "Well, I suppose that it's time
I should tell you. I've been meaning to for a long time".

He had been a cook with the 509th Bomb Group at Roswell in 1947
and confirmed to her that he was simply grabbed one day and told
to report to Building #84 (a hangar) on the base. He was given a
gun and told to stand guard at the hangar with other similarly
confiscated base personnel. While on guard duty, he stole a
look inside the hangar long enough to see debris scattered about
and "small bodies" being prepared for shipment elsewhere. Asked
if she believed her husband when he told her this, the woman
stated without hesitation or reservation, "Absolutely, he was
telling truth to me when he knew he didn't have much longer." In
another case, the granddaughter of someone involved in the
Roswell events (at this point, we do not know in what capacity
he was involved) contacted us to say that her grandfather had
just passed away and had left "documents" pertaining to Roswell
that would prove something extraordinary had happened there in

As this is being written, we have been negotiating for several
months to receive copies of some of these alleged documents
prior to making an expensive trip for a personal interview and
to review the originals. Finally, as this is written, we are
aware of a former officer who was stationed at Roswell in 1947
who is terminal and knows it. He has told his family that he
would like to make a statement concerning Roswell but at a time
of his own choosing. We have been in touch with the family who
has assured us that they will let us know when it is time.

               Reluctant Witnesses

To qualify as a "reluctant witness", one must be believed to
possess information about the Roswell events, either by being
involved directly, tangentially, or by being a relative of
someone who was, or by other means, and refuse to discuss it at
all (e.g., by citing a security oath, or by giving what is
believed to be false and misleading statements). By far, the
most famous (or infamous) of the "reluctant witnesses" still out
there - at least according to Roswell proponents - is the former
base Counter Intelligence Officer, Sheridan Cavitt, who
accompanied the 509th's Intelligence Officer, Jesse Marcel, to
the Foster/Brazel ranch to observe and retrieve material that
Marcel would later describe as having an extraterrestrial

In 1994, Cavitt confirmed his involvement in the Roswell
Incident for the first time to the Air Force's Col. Richard
Weaver at the same time he was still denying his involvement to
civilian Roswell investigators. Cavitt told Weaver that what he
saw on the Foster Ranch that day in 1947 were the immediately
recognizable remnants of a weather balloon and radar target
which they retrieved in short order. Cavitt's account,
therefore, is in conflict with those of other credible
eye-witnesses to the same events as well as with his own prior
statements of non-involvement.

The aforementioned Edwin Easley originally qualified as a
"reluctant witness" but then ceased to be so described when he
gave up his defense of, "I can't talk about it.", and finally
"came-clean". We currently have a number of such witnesses still
out there who refuse to talk, but for whom we can only hope that
they will someday relent and tell us what they know.

Such a witness is a former member of the 1395th Military Police
Squadron stationed at Roswell in 1947. When located living in
Pennsylvania near one of the co-authors, he confirmed that,
yes, he was stationed at Roswell in 1947 and, yes, he was indeed
involved in recovery activities there ["You mean that thing that
crashed into the side of a hill? Yes, I was involved, but that's
all I'm going to tell you."]. When asked why, he replied, "I'm
retired military, and I like things the way they are." End of

Another fellow's name was passed along to us as a first-hand
witness still living in Roswell. According to our intermediary,
he drove a truck on the base in '47 when he drove right into the
recovery activities at the hangar (Bldg. #84). After seeing the
debris and the bodies, he was grabbed, stood spread-eagle
against the wall and threatened with his life. When questioned
in person, all he will tell us today is that he does not want to
talk about it. Asked if he would ever consider talking about it,
he replied that he wasn't sure, but that he was sure that he
wasn't ready to talk about it now. Wonderful.

Still another fellow, a former MP stationed at Roswell in '47
(confirmed by the base yearbook), gave us a preliminary
statement one evening after a lecture about being shown one of
the recovered bodies. Later, when contacted by telephone for a
follow-up interview, he denied being the person we were seeking
(because of his peculiar voice inflections, we knew we had the
right person). Nice.

There is yet another witness, still living at the relatively
young age of 58 years-old, whose identity is known to all
Roswell investigators. He saw everything and could solve this
case for everyone tomorrow [and put all of us out of our misery
in the bargain]. The problem is: we know who he is and where he
is, but no one has interviewed him as yet. Not for lack of
trying, however. He has the knack of being able to "disappear"
every time an investigator gets near, so far with a 100% success
rate. How long can his luck continue? We keep trying and hoping
and are open to suggestions.

Finally, we received an E-Mail from a gentleman who claimed
that his wife is friends with a woman whom she met when both
worked at Walker AFB (formerly Roswell Army Air Field) in
Roswell in 1960. According to the gentleman, his wife said that
the woman told her that she had been a nurse stationed at
Roswell AAF in 1947 and was there "when the little bodies were
brought in to the base hospital". In a follow-up phone call to
the gentleman and his wife, the wife made it clear to us that
her friend, who is still living, will deny everything if ever
confronted with this information. As things now stand, we only
know the alleged nurse's first name and the name of the town in
which she resides: Frustration City.

 New Witnesses, Old Witnesses and a New Crash Scenario

In addition to locating new witnesses to the Roswell events of
1947 [about 20 in number and still counting], our investigation
has made a special effort to keep in touch with "old" witnesses,
such as Bill Brazel, Jr., Walter Haut, Glenn Dennis, Frank
Kaufmann, Frank Joyce, Frankie Rowe and Jack Rodden, people who
have already gone on record with their stories. By revisiting
their testimony with them when we are in Roswell, we have been
able to glean new bits of information from them concerning those
long ago events which, when combined with the new information
that we are developing from the "new" witnesses, is causing us
to reconsider some prior conclusions as to what occurred, where
it occurred and when it occurred. Without giving the store away
here, a future article will suggest a new Roswell crash sequence
while answering the nagging question as to why the military kept
"Mac" Brazel in "custody" for so long.

               The Smoking Gun?

Mention must be made here of a recent development in the case
which is not a result of our own investigation [although we are
now participating - but more about that at another time]. It
concerns several photographs taken of General Roger Maxwell
Ramey in his Ft. Worth office on the afternoon of July 8, 1947
at his hastily-convened press conference during which he
announced to the world that what was recovered on the J.B.
Foster Ranch the day before by the Roswell AAF's Intelligence
Officer was "really" a misidentified weather balloon and an
aluminum-foil radar target [see discussion above under

It has been known by Roswell investigators for years that, in
all of the Ramey photographs that were taken that day, he is
shown in each as kneeling on one knee beside the remains of a
decaying weather balloon and a ripped-up [but an otherwise
pristine, off-the-shelf] radar target strewn about the floor of
his office. In each photo, Gen. Ramey is shown holding what
appears to be a teletype message in his left hand as if it had
just been given to him prior to the start of his press

In all but one of the Ramey photos (did he realize his
mistake?), the hand-held teletype appears to be blank, but in
the one photo (the first one taken?) it is obvious that,
although somewhat crumpled in his hand, the memo appears to
contain writing. Under low magnification, it can be seen that
individual sentences are distinguishable from one another on the
memo, but their constituent letters or words cannot be made out
[it is interesting to point out that we had already attempted to
interpret the text of the Ramey memo in 1990 when we requested
Richard Haines to computer-analyze the photograph; but back
then, Dr. Haines was only able to identify a few individual

Today, combining extreme magnification with the latest
computer-enhanced analytical techniques, several teams of
photographic analysts remarkably claim to have been able to
"decipher" parts of sentences [i.e., actual words] on the
exposed portion of the Ramey teletype. While the teams are not
in total agreement at this time as to what the entire memo says
[e.g., one team claims to see the word "Magdalena", while
someone else reads it as "Roswell"], a single, glaring phrase is
clear to all who have had an opportunity to view an enhanced
picture of the memo, and in our opinion constitutes a "smoking
gun". There is no dispute whatsoever that the phrase, ". . .
victims [emphasis ours] of the wreck . . . forwarded to Ft.
Worth, Tex.", can be seen on the Ramey memo and, to us,
indicates that a weather balloon - Project Mogul or otherwise -
was NOT what crashed and was recovered at Roswell in July of

The memo, in our opinion, appears to have originated with Gen.
Ramey and probably went to either Col. William Blanchard,
commander of the 509th Bomb Group based at Roswell which was
under Ramey's direct command or to higher authorities in
Washington, D.C. The apparent "Ft. Worth connection" is also
especially interesting to us now since a new source to our
investigation had been leading us in that direction before news
of the Ramey memo analyses surfaced.

What is needed now is for at least two independent
investigations with no affiliations to Roswell, Roswell
witnesses or the various Roswell investigations to conduct their
own objective and impartial analyses of the Ramey photo/memo and
to publicly present their findings, whatever they may be.
Interestingly, the usual cast of Roswell debunking characters,
including the U.S. Air Force [all of whom accept the Project
Mogul balloon "explanation" for Roswell], has, to date, been
strangely silent concerning the Ramey memo.

Who "in the know" back in 1947 could have ever imagined that
Roger Ramey, "point-man" for the Roswell coverup, might one day
a half-century later have unwittingly provided us with the key
to unlock the door to the ultimate secret? Oh, irony of ironies.
Go figure.


[ Next Message | Previous Message | This Day's Messages ]
This Month's Index |

UFO UpDates Main Index

UFO UpDates - Toronto - Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp

Archive programming by Glenn Campbell at Glenn-Campbell.com