UFO UpDates
A mailing list for the study of UFO-related phenomena
'Its All Here In Black & White'
Location: UFOUpDatesList.Com > 2001 > Nov > Nov 1

UFO Sightings OZ Files 11-01-01

From: Diane Harrison Director AUFORN <auforn@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:45:42 +1100
Fwd Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 07:32:27 -0500
Subject: UFO Sightings OZ Files 11-01-01

UFO Sighting Kennilworth Qld

Follow up Emma AUFORN QLD
1800 Callin Code: 01768 28/09/01 QLD

Date: 28/09/01
Day: Friday
Time Reported: 6.35 pm
Location: Kennilworth Qld
Reported by: Anna
Nearest State Director: Emma Derdak


Anna reports seeing a number of sightings over the ridge at
Wallow Road, Kennilworth.

The latest was observed to be shaped like an eagle with flapping

She stated that it was flying too fast to be an eagle and that
she was sure the object was a metallic pewter colour with
armoured feather/plates. The object came out from a cloud and
was travelling west.

2 years ago she observed a "bobbing thing" travelling over the
top of the same ridge. The object was a semi circle and emitted
an orange light.

Anna reported also finding an 8 foot circle at the time, on the
ground, that had a strong smell but deteriorated after two days.

She also stated that local farmers had found their cows to be
covered in excrement in the morning and that the dogs kept
sniffing it. She that the cows were used to dingoes etc. and
thought that something had terrified them and was thinking along
the lines of a big cat. She was quite open to having anyone
pay her a visit, etc.



UFO Sighting Central Coast (The Entrance)

Subject: Fw: UFO Report
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:31:40 +1000
Reported by: Sean
Location: Central Coast (The Entrance)

Sean couldn't sleep in the early hours of Friday morning and
decided to go outside for a smoke. It was approximately 3.40
a.m. when a very bright light, moving "quite fast", caught his
eye. The object described as a "shooting-star going upwards"
came from the south east and seemed to travel past the moon
where it faded from sight.

It was a clear night, little wind and the object made no sound.
The incident lasted about 1 to 2 seconds and fascinated Sean so
much he immediately scanned the InterNet for UFO related sites,
to report his sighting.

Regards Veronica INFODIG NSW


UFO Sighting Penrith NSW

Follow up Karen Burden AUFORN
NSW 1800 Callin Code: 01736 14/09/01

Date: 14/09/01
  Day: Friday
Time Reported: 7.32 pm (1932 Brisbane Time)
Location: Penrith, NSW
Reported by: Graham
Nearest State Director: Doug Moffett

Graham had a three UFO incidents to mention, they are as

Recent Report:

On the 14th September between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm Graham and his
wife and two children were outside having a cuppa after dinner
when his youngest son said, "Look Dadda there's a plane."

Both parents looked and noticed that there were 4 orange lights,
each one about the size of a one cent piece at arms length. They
were traveling South to North horizontally one behind the other,
at what appeared to be around 100 feet apart from each other,
evenly spaced. They were not flickering or pulsating, no smoke
trails could be seen, but they were traveling very slowly.

Graham estimated they were around 2,000 feet off the ground. He
came to the height estimate as he had lived near the Richmond
Air Force base for 10 years previously and therefore had quite a
bit of exposure to aircraft. He stated at no time was there any
indications of erratic flying tactics.

A few minutes later another two appeared traveling horizontally
side by side at around 100 feet apart once again. A few minutes
later, again, another two appeared one behind the other.

Graham stated they all ascended on a 30 degree climb when they
reached the same area in the sky. He watched them climb for 10
minutes until they were nothing more than pin points in the sky.

It was a very clear night he said, there was no cloud cover, not
even periodic. No noise was apparent.

Incident 1970 - 71:

Graham wanted to mention that he'd observed a white cigar-shaped
object around 30 years ago, which was only around 1200 feet off
the ground over Pennant Hills Area.

He stated it happened within an hour of the first Concord Plane
landing in Sydney way back then. The family were outside hoping
to catch a glimps of the plane, but observed something else

He stated it was clearly not a blimp and did not have the same
shape at all. He said the UFO seemed almost transparent and just
hovered there.

Note: If anyone knows when the first Concord landed in Sydney,
Australia, that will provide the timeline within an hour.

Disc Shaped Object:

He also mentioned a disc-shaped object he and his father
observed at Narabri when he was young, his father was out
hunting or something. He stated the disc was a yellowish hazy
white, his father was so scared he took his son home.

Regards Karen Burden AUFORN NSW


UFO Sighting Raymond Terrace NSW

Follow up INFODIG 1800 callin code: 01794 15/10/01 NSW

Date: 15/10/01
Day: Monday
Time Reported: 10.18pm (22.18AEST)
Location: Raymond Terrace NSW
Reported by: Two people

Nearest Rep: Veronica INFODIG NSW


Ita and her daughter Sue E live on the north side of the
Williams Town RAAF Base.

At approximately 8.30pm on Monday 15 October on a clear night
Ita decided to retrieve some washing from the line when she
noticed an object to the south of the base.

The object was stationary, larger than a star, reddish in colour
and "long" in shape.

She watched it for 10 to 15 minutes and then decided to call her
daugther, Sue E. Together they continued to watch the object
that periodically moved up and down and sideways.

After about 15 minutes Sue E became frightened and they both
decided to go inside. Ita said the object was still in the same
position when they went to bed.

The witnesses have lived near the base for quite a while and
both are used to seeing various types of aircraft. They agreed
they had never observed anything like this near the base, before.

Although, after chatting to me for a while Ita confided that
several years ago she saw a huge cylinder-shaped object glide
over, leaving a trail behind it.

Her other daughter was terrified one night when, on the way
home from Nelsons Bay, she was buzzed by a disc-shaped object.

An interesting report and another family touched by the UFO

Regards Veronica INFODIG NSW


UFO Sighting Bathurst NSW

Follow up Doug Moffet NSW 1800 callin code 01806
Date: 20/10/01
Day Saturday
Time: 7.50pm
Location: Evans Plains 6km's South of Bathurst
Reported by: Snr. Constable G and John C


I responded to Snr. Constable G's call and was informed a John C
had reported what looked like a plane burning up in the sky.
Snr. Constable G gave me the number to contact John C.

John and his wife were travelling from Blayney to Bathurst at
approx 7:50pm when they noticed a bright white/silver light
travelling from East to West accross the horizon.

The object then exploded, giving off debris of yellow and later
red in colour. The object appeared very low in the atmosphere
and at first did not appear to have a trace but later
observation showed a trace or tail.

Duration of the event approx 5 seconds. Appears to have been a
Ferric-based [iron] meteor with perhaps traces of magnesium,
given the very white glow and the low altitude in the atmosphere
it achieved.

Ferric based meteors tend to last longer in the atmosphere and
thus get lower than carbonacious meteors and are probably more
likely to have trace elements such as magnesium, than
carbonacious meteors. To add brilliance to the sighting, the
Moon was a small crescent and the skies in that part of the
world are inky black, a great place for a sky watch!

Doug Moffett

AUFORN NSW State Director/ UFOR NSW Sightings Officer

Thank you to everyone for these reports


The Gundiah Report

The Australian UFO Research Network
P.O Box 738
Beaudesert 4285
Phone/Fax 07 55446888
E-mail.... AUFORN@hypermax.net.au
Free Call 1800 77 22 88

The Gundiah Mackay Abduction Milieu

A preliminary report by Bill Chalker and Diane Harrison AUFORN

An extraordinary and controversial milieu has developed around
events that reportedly began late on the evening of Thursday,
October 4th, 2001, at a Gundiah property near Tiaro, culminating
in the early hours of Friday, October 5th, 2001, and then played
out in the glare of rapidly escalating media coverage.

Three people were directly involved in these alleged events.
Keith Rylance (40), his wife Amy (22), and their business
partner, Petra Heller (39) were on their property, which was
being developed as "Whispering Winds" winery. Other potential
activities were also being developed at the location. The
following account comes from interviews conducted by us with
them, along with primary source material such as TV interviews.

Keith Rylance told us that he had gone to sleep in the caravan
bedroom at about 9.30 pm. Petra retired to her bedroom in the
caravan annex. Amy stayed on a couch watching TV in the caravan
annex "lounge room". Each of these locations were in close
proximity, separated by a window and wall respectively from the
lounge room. Petra's room had a door leading to the lounge room,
which was left ajar. The door to the bedroom, where Keith was,
apparently was open to the lounge room. Amy apparently fell
asleep on the couch. A storm was in the area.

Around 11.15 pm, Petra was reportedly woken up and when she
entered the adjacent lounge was confronted by an extraordinary
sight, that allegedly quickly overwhelmed her. A rectangular
beam of light was being projected through the open window of the
caravan lounge room. This light beam appeared to be truncated at
the end. Inside the beam Petra claims to have seen Amy in a
sleep prone position, being carried out head first through the
window. Underneath her, also within the beam were the items that
had been on the coffee table adjacent to the couch Amy had been
on. Before apparently fainting in shock Petra saw that the beam
was coming from a disc shaped UFO hovering just above the ground
a short distance away, near a tree at the rear of the clear
section, immediately behind the annex caravan house.

Petra reports she believes she was only in a faint for a very
short period of time. Regaining consciousness, she began
screaming. Keith reports that he was awoken by the commotion
coming from Petra. As he came from the caravan bedroom and
stepped down into the lounge room annex Keith claims he was
confronted by the sight of a highly agitated Petra and the
contents of the coffee table on the floor in front of the
window. He told us that he soon realised that the window screen
was torn in both a vertical fashion and along the bottom of the
window frame. Keith indicated that initially he couldn't get any
sense out of Petra who was crying and very agitated, so he
rushed outside trying to locate Amy. She was reportedly nowhere
to be found. Keith states when he started to be less agitated
himself he was eventually able to get from Petra an idea of what
happened. Keith claims he initially refused to believe what
Petra was telling him. He said he rushed outside again trying to
find his wife. Eventually as the situation became clearer, Keith
indicates he decided to call the police.

Keith call the Tiaro police around 11.40 pm reporting that his
wife had been abducted and imploring that the police should come
out. The manning status at that time meant there were some
delays in the police coming out, but about hour and a half after
the initial call Senior Constable Robert Maragna from Tiaro and
an officer from Maryborough arrived at the site. Initially
police thought they might have been walking into a situation
involving foul play, even perhaps a murder scene, but then the
bizarre circumstances of the alleged events came into focus. The
two people, Keith and Petra, at the Gundiah property were
claiming that Amy Rylance had been abducted by a "spaceship"!
The officers were struggling to keep an open mind. They were
joined later by Sgt. John Bosnjak, the officer in charge of the
Tiaro police. He had been asleep when the police called him to
assist in the investigation. The three officers continued their
investigations at the site. They confirmed that Keith Rylance
and Petra Heller appeared to be in an agitated state and that
there was no sign of Amy Rylance. The torn screen was examined.
A flowering bush, commonly known as "yesterday, today, tomorrow"
was located immediately outside the left side of window, had
indications of possibly being affected by heat or another
mechanism along its right side. Oddly another flowering bush, a
hibiscus, located immediately on the right hand side of the
window area was not affected in the same way. The police took
samples for possible later testing.

While the police were at the property, a phone call came
through, which was taken by Keith Rylance. A woman was calling
from Mackay indicating that she had taken a somewhat distressed
and apparently dehydrated young woman from a BP petrol service
station on the northern outskirts of central Queensland city of
Mackay, some 790 kilometres to the north of the Gundiah - Tiaro
area. The young woman turned out to be Amy Rylance, and the
female caller was ringing to advise that Amy was apparently all
right and was at the Mackay hospital, where she had been
examined by a doctor. Keith handed the phone to Snr. Constable

Given these extraordinary circumstances Mackay police were
called in, making a total of three police stations involved in
the investigation - Tiaro, on outskirts of central Queensland,
Maryborough on the coast and Mackay, some 790 kilometres to the
north of the Gundiah - Tiaro area.

A statement was notarised by the Mackay police with a Justice
Act acknowledgement, that required Amy to acknowledge that she
had stated was true to the best of her knowledge and belief, and
that if it is admitted as evidence, that she may be liable to
prosecution if she had indicated anything in it that she knew
was false.

This statement indicated that she last only recollected lying on
the couch at the Gundiah property. She had no recollection of
the events that Petra described, but claimed she then next
remembered waking up lying on a bench in a strange rectangular
room. Illumination came from the walls and the ceiling. She was
alone. She indicated she called out and heard what seemed to be
a male voice, asking her to be calm and that everything would be
alright and that she would not be harmed. Soon an opening
appeared in the wall and "a guy" about 6 feet tall walked into
the room. The man appeared to be slender in build but in perfect
proportion, covered head to foot in a full body suit. He had
what seemed to be a black covering mask on his face, with a hole
for his eyes, nose and mouth. He repeated his calming
assurances. Amy felt she had been there a while. The guy told
her they were returning her to a place not far from where they
took her from, because the lights were wrong at the property and
it wasn't safe. She then indicates she found herself lying on
the bed and falling asleep. The next thing she recollects is
that she woke up on the ground with trees around her. She felt
disorientated, could smell the ocean, and indicated she was not
sure how long she tumbled through bushland, but seemingly it was
for a long time, but she felt she wasn't making much progress.
She then came out onto a road that looked like a highway and saw
a light from a petrol station. She walked into the station,
where staff seeing her state, tried to offer some assistance.
She accepted some water, as she felt somewhat dehydrated.
Initially she was not able to answer identifying questions, and
didn't know where she was. She was also asked if she had been
drinking or was on drugs, to which she said no. Amy indicated
she felt tired, sore, drained and lethargic. She asked a woman
at the service station to take her to the hospital, as she
didn't know of where else to go. The woman and her friend took
Amy to the hospital. Later Amy spoke with two police officers
and also spoke with her husband Keith from the hospital. She
then went to Mackay police station where she gave the statement
of events. Amy also indicated that this sort of thing had never
happened to her before, but when she was in 5th year school she
had seen a large UFO surrounded by smaller objects.

The police arranged to put Amy in a motel pending the arrival of
her husband. He and Petra arrived during the day and indicated
they spent considerable time with Amy discussing what happen.
Extensive notes were apparently made and photographs were taken
of a triangular arrangement of marks on her inner right thigh,
marks on each heel and the growing out of her hair which she had
dyed earlier in the week. Her hair had apparently started to
show her former colour, suggestive that some considerable time
had passed for her, apparently indicative of rather more than a
few hours. Body hair had allegedly also become somewhat more
pronounced that would otherwise would be apparent for the short
time involved.

Via a Newsagent's a copy of the Australian Ufologist magazine
was purchased, Keith, Petra and Amy started to learn more about
UFOs. Keith Rylance contacted the Australian UFO Research
Network office number mentioned in the magazine. Diane Harrison
took the call Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:20 p.m. and for the next
hour or so listened to the story that Keith and Amy told. Petra
was apparently sleeping at the time.

Given the nature of the story, its complexity and the fact it
apparently featured the alleged use of "solid light", Diane
decide to bring Bill Chalker into the investigation, making
contact with him during the evening of Friday, October 5th.
Paradoxically Bill was scheduled to talk at a Brisbane UFO
conference on October 13th, and his topics included "solid
light" cases and the application of science to alien abduction
cases. Bill put a call through to them at the motel, securing
permission to record the conversation. Once again Petra was not
available to talk about her part in the alleged events. Keith
Rylance went into considerable detail about the events,
referring often to the notes they had apparently been compiling
during the day. The details described covered the events Petra
had witnessed, what Keith had experienced, and what Amy told
them had happened to her during her experience. Finally Bill
spoke with Amy, focusing mainly on the events before and after
the claimed onboard experiences, because Keith had already gone
into considerable detail about the latter. Bill discussed with
Amy her general responses and her physical state and her current
state of thought on her experiences. Keith Rylance seemed to
what to control how both media and investigators would get
involved. His desire to contact the media promptly drew from
both Diane and Bill the suggestion that he should think very
carefully about the possible ramifications of doing so. Keith
seemed to feel that it was important to get the story out, as it
would come out anyway and this way he could control the way it
did. He was also trying to restrict the way the investigators
could or should look into their experience. He claimed they
didn't need to prove the experience. While he didn't directly
witness the experiences, he believed both Amy and Petra.

Given the possible nature of the event, and that irrespective of
the ultimate resolution of the affair, it seemed destined to be
a big story, Diane and Bill decided to undertake an
investigation. They had been given an indication from Keith
Rylance that the three would wait for the investigators to come
to Mackay. The claimants were in no apparent hurry to return to
Gundiah. They gave permission for Bill and Diane to visit the
property on the way. Bill arrived in the Brisbane area on
Tuesday afternoon, October 9th.

Diane and Bill then travelled to Gundiah, arriving at the
Whispering Winds winery property, just after 10 pm. Because of
the lateness of the hour, we got the witnesses permission to
stay there overnight and to conduct whatever investigation we
needed to do. Keith had arranged for a neighbour to regularly
check on the two pets left behind, namely a parrot and a kelpie
dog. He indicated to us that it would be okay to let the dog off
for a run, but warned us it was very friendly but inclined to
jump all over people.

We let the dog off at some point and observed its behaviour. At
one point it did jump up on the window where the damaged screen
was located. This gave some support to the possibility that at
least some, if not all of the damage, could have been caused by
the dog. Some of the damage on closer inspection seemed
suggestive of possible dog damage. Our inspection of the plant
damage also suggested possible prosaic causes, such as heat
stress. A plant at the front of the house had similar damage and
a healthy flowering bush of the same species that was at the
window, was examined by us at Mount Basset lawn cemetery has
similar damaged. A gardener there we spoke to indicated that the
species often had random or more extensive damage of a heat
stress nature from hot sunlight. The prosaic possibilities for
both the screen and the plant damage are only suggestive at this
point and further investigation is required.

We undertook extensive investigations at the property and the
area. Police were very helpful. Our investigation generated many
issues and questions, which we feel need resolution, in order to
assist interpretations of these events. Further extensive
investigations were undertaken in Mackay, focusing in particular
at the area where Amy Rylance returned. These included attempts
to reconstruct the circumstances of Amy's return, through onsite
research. The BP petrol service station staff were spoken with
and surveillance videotape that may contain Amy's visit there
was provided to us by the station owner. This part of our
investigation also generated many issues and questions that need
resolution if we are to approach any measure of certainty about
the real nature of the events alleged.

Keith Rylance indicated to us he would be available to us when
we got to Mackay, but it was made clear to us early on the first
day of our investigations there that this wasn't probably going
to be the case. When we contacted the motel where they had been
the night before, their third motel in Mackay, we learned they
had apparently already checked out that morning. We left
messages on their phone but didn't hear from Keith until early
on the afternoon of our second day, as we were leaving Mackay.
In his mobile call, Keith apologised for not being available,
but was indicating they had relocated to an unspecified location
after having fled the area. The primary reason for this Keith
indicated was that they claimed they had a kind of
"men-in-black" experience. In this case, Keith was reporting a
pursuit of their vehicle by a high-powered dark brown 4-wheel
truck. The nature of this event apparently frightened Keith, Amy
and Petra, prompting Keith to attempt to loose the vehicle and
eventually leave the area.

Before the completion of this preliminary report (14th October)
we have heard from Keith again. We remain hopeful that they will
get into more direct contact with us.

This affair is both extraordinary and controversial. Many have
rushed to judgement, but given its complex and evolving
dynamics, caution and patience is necessary. We have many issues
and questions we would like to try to resolve. Further contact
with the Rylances and Petra Heller may help this process. The
case is far from closed and requires an objective, open-minded
investigation. Only time will give us the possibility of
resolution and certainty about this intriguing but controversial

Still under investigation



Diane Harrison

National Director
The Australian UFO Research Network
and UFO Hotline.
Australian Skywatch Director

Tel number 1800 77 22 88 a Free Call
Australian UFO Research Network -
E-mail auforn@hypermax.net.au

A non profit organisation
PO Box 738
Beaudessert 4285
QLD Australia
Tel 07 55 44 6888

[ Next Message | Previous Message | This Day's Messages ]
This Month's Index |

UFO UpDates Main Index

UFO UpDates - Toronto - Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp

Archive programming by Glenn Campbell at Glenn-Campbell.com