UFO UpDates
A mailing list for the study of UFO-related phenomena
'Its All Here In Black & White'
Location: UFOUpDatesList.Com > 2003 > Dec > Dec 1

Sound Of Screaming Firmly Linked To UFO Sighting

From: Kenny Young <ufo@FUSE.NET>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:39:33 -0500
Fwd Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:43:24 -0500
Subject: Sound Of Screaming Firmly Linked To UFO Sighting

SUBJECT: Screaming sounds firmly linked to UFO sighting
LOCATION: Morehead, Kentucky (Rowan County)
DATE: Friday, November 21, 2003
TIME: Between 9 and 10:00 p.m.


In effort to further explore the report of 'unidentified lights'
and screaming sounds alleged in Morehead, Kentucky, an internet
search was conducted to retrieve the address and phone numbers
of residents of Adams Lane (law officer earlier contacted had
advised of the search taking place near this location).

After a "reverse lookup" was conducted at the internet resource:


one residency was identified on Adams Lane in Morehead,

That number was called around 6:30 p.m. this evening (Sunday,
November 30, 2003) and I inquired if anyone could help me with
information about the report of screaming sounds heard around
one week earlier.

The call was received by Dr. Virgil Davis, a U.K. college

"I was here when the screams were heard," he said. "There were
some loud, blood-curdling screams but nobody could find out
anything more."

I then asked if Dr. Davis knew anything about any UFO sighting
and he said: "Yes, I saw it."

Dr. Davis said that he was driving toward his home on Friday,
November 21 between 9 and 10:00 p.m. with his 2 sons, 15 and 18-
years old (He recalls the specific date, knowing that one son is
in college and would not have been home any day except Friday).

While driving, they all spotted a soundless aerial object over a
nearby open field that was described as an oval-shaped, white-
colored light source as big as a pea held at arms length which
moved 'like a hummingbird would move.'

The object, seen in the dark and clear night skies, was
relatively high when first seen and was "coming down, moving in
increments as if an elevator would drop and stay there awhile,
then drop and stay there awhile," Dr. Davis said.

After the first 3 or 4 minutes of visual observation, the object
began moving around to different parts of the sky. They got out
of car to see if they could identify this object and verified to
their satisfaction that the object was not a plane, helicopter
or aurora borealis.

"My first inclination was to rationalize what this object could
have been," Dr. Davis said. "rather than jumping to conclusions.
After we ruled out the various possible explanations we assumed
that this was a UFO."

"I know for a fact that there was no explanation for this object
and I'm just glad I had my two sons with me to see it," he said.

After observing this object for a few minutes, Dr. Davis and his
2 sons got back in the car and drove on to their home under a
certain sense of apprehension.

"I would say that our feeling was more a sense of apprehension
than fear," he said, "I did not know what it was we were looking
at and had some concern that it might or could have spotted us."

After driving the short distance to their house, they went to a
second floor bedroom and looked out the window to the northwest
where they continued to watch the object. It descended lower
toward the ground and seemed to be settling in a nearby field
where its color had shifted from a white to an orange. As the
object got lower and lower to the ground, it became bigger and
its color changed to a reddish light.

He said that the size of the object increased from a pea at arms
length to a dime at arms length, stressing that its size, from
his perspective, was "not quite as drastic as a nickel at arms

"There was like a vacuum of silence while we watched this," Dr.
Davis said, "it was like everything was real quiet, at a
standstill and then when it became a red color, everything went

Dr. Davis said that animals in the area suddenly erupted in a
frenzy. His neighbors dog was barking crazily and his German
Shepherd dog tried to break its chain.

From his perspective, the object descended to the ground but
was not certain that it touched or made contact with the ground
as trees prevented him from seeing this with certainty.

"At that point, after this object got red, it just "shot off"
like a dart, some kind of acceleration and it just took off to
the West. We just stood there dumbfounded."

He said the sighting lasted for an estimated 10 to 15 minute

"I was very reluctant to call the police about a UFO sighting,"
he said, "at that point, we were not going to report this."

"Right after that my 2-sons went back outside and heard the
screaming. It was a female voice. They got in the car and within
minutes had called from their cell phone to say that they had
been hearing screaming sounds in the field where this thing came
down," he said.

"Approximately 20-minutes after the UFO sighting the police were
at my door, there were about 20 officers and a rescue squad over
in the field where I spotted the UFO. They were combing the area
and had asked me what I knew about someone screaming."

"Apparently, others had heard the screaming sounds."

I asked Dr. Davis if he could explain what was heard and he
emphasized that he did not hear the screaming sounds himself,
that his 2 sons heard the disturbing commotion, along with other
residents in the area that notified law enforcement.

Dr. Davis paused from our conversation to check with one of his
sons, asking if he could recount the nature of the screaming
sounds. He said it was a desperate, blood curdling scream of a
female voice that kept saying: "Help me, oh my God, help me!"

"Apparently several people had heard the screaming, I don't know
how long it lasted," he said.

When the police arrived at his doorstep knocking on his door (an
estimated 15 minutes after the UFO departed), Dr. Davis
volunteered information about the UFO sighting.

"I took the officer to the side and explained to him that this
is going to sound crazy, but I need to tell you what I saw

"I told the police about the UFO after they came to the door, I
don't know if anyone else saw the UFO but the officer taking my
report took me seriously. He didn't write anything down while I
talked with him," Dr. Davis said.

When asked if the police officer indicated that anyone else had
also witnessed the UFO, Dr. Davis said that the police officer
said he had seen a UFO also, but was uncertain if he was
referring to the same object or a separate, unrelated sighting.

Dr. Davis said that aside from reporting this to the police
officer who knocked on his door, he had not reported this
sighting to any other person and that he was not the source for
the report which was submitted to The National UFO Reporting
Center. He was puzzled how the report made it to NUFORC and said
that neither he, nor his sons, reported the sighting to anyone.

"I'm still trying to figure out who reported this," Dr. Davis
said after our conversation. He went on to say how he got
"freaked out" when the cops came to the door asking about the
screaming sounds.

He described the area of his residence as isolated and
surrounded by fields and woodland. His road is paved. He
emphasized that the screaming sounds came from the immediate
area where the unidentified object had came to the ground. "The
screaming sounds came from the field, and I have no explanation
for it."

Dr. Davis, who teaches psychology for the Ashland, Kentucky
Community College branch of the University of Kentucky, also
said that he had previously seen a UFO when he was in his
Freshman year in college at Morehead State University in 1976.
He said the object was similar to what he saw on Friday,
November 21, 2003.


I am deeply impressed by Dr. Davis and his efforts to remain
objective and rationalize various explanations about the
sighting. Based on his observation, the object in question is
nothing to do with Aurora Borealis or 'northern lights.'  Dr.
Davis allowed permission to use his name and employment in this
report, having no objection to it attached with the UFO sighting
and situation involving a search party near his home.

Information furnished by Dr. Davis sheds new light on this case.
Comments from him directly contradict the dismissive approach
taken by law officers in remarks made during earlier inquiries
(who also incorrectly advised that the event was on Sunday,
November 23) regarding a UFO situation that corresponds with the

When informed that a Morehead policeman and a fire rescue
officer told me that "someone had seen the northern lights," Dr.
Davis scoffed at the suggestion and was in disbelief.

"I can't believe they said that... this was definitely not the
northern lights."

He said that tomorrow he will inspect the 50-acre field where
the object descended.

The report to N.U.F.O.R.C. suggests that the UFO was also
sighted by witnesses with the rescue squad responding to the
scene. This might suggest that the screaming sound was heard
simultaneous to the visual sighting of the UFO. Peter Davenport
of N.U.F.O.R.C. states: "The person who submitted the sighting
report for Morehead, KY, provided no personal or contact
information, to include no e-address.  It "reads" as if it was
submitted by a member of the team that was dispatched, i.e. it
reads as if someone just copied a written record of the
dispatch.  I would have responded to the report, save for the
absence of any means of contacting the source."

That report states:

"Morehead-Rowan Co. Rescue Sq.had a call from MPD of a female
crying for help x3. From 2 witness then there was a bright light
in the sky for about 1 min. RESCUE SQ.arrived on scene and
started searching the area 1st & 2nd witness reported seeing
this. The fire dept. was ask to begin searching with the thermal
imaging camera with no results found. Res. of Morehead was one
of the witnesses. Unless there is a confirmed report of a
missing person, the search will not be continued."

The report of desperate, blood curdling screams from a woman
crying "Help me, Oh God, Help me" mar this case with a
disturbing sense of unusual dread. Clearly, there was a problem
taking place and this report raises the specter of reported
UFO/human abduction or interaction.

Morehead, Kentucky is an estimated 45-miles south of
Flemingsburg, Kentucky, where a crop formation appeared in a Rye
Field in the spring of this year. A flap of crop formations and
UFO sightings also bewildered Southern Ohio in the summer of
2003, and during this flap one strange account of a woman found
in a Southern Ohio soybean field is under investigative
consideration. There is no certainty that this situation can be
linked to the UFO or crop circle flap aside from the
chronological and regional closeness, but the woman - who was
hospitalized for a week after being found by a farmer -
 reportedly experienced amnesia and did not know how she got in
the field. This matter is also held under close consideration by
researcher Donnie Blessing and will be pursued further.

This present case of 'screaming sounds' from a female voice is
linked firmly to the UFO sighting as per the same location in
one specific field near Adams Lane in Morehead, Kentucky and the
'20 minute time frame' of the conclusion of the UFO sighting to
the arrival of officers involved in the search and rescue

Special thanks to Donnie Blessing, Peter Davenport

November 30, 2003

Kenny Young

UFO Research