UFO UpDates
A mailing list for the study of UFO-related phenomena
'Its All Here In Black & White'
Location: UFOUpDatesList.Com > 2011 > Nov > Nov 8

This Week At Inexplicata - 07-11-11

From: Scott Corrales <lornis1.nul>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 09:59:41 -0500
Archived: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:16:42 -0500
Subject: This Week At Inexplicata - 07-11-11


Argentina: The Rio Negro Blackouts (1998)

Source: El Dragon Invisible
Date: 11.06.11

Argentina: The Rio Negro Blackouts (1998)
By Carlos Iurchuk - La Plata, Argentina

Sunday, April 12, 1998

The lights went off at 19:45 hours. Repairs were undertaken by
technicians from the Cooperativa Electrica Bariloche (CEB) who
detected an interruption in the medium-voltage line from [the
town of] Fernandez Beschtedt to La Paz after the Cipresales
transformer was left out of commission, "leaving practically
have the city without power."

Engineer Claudio Campo of the electric utility confirmed that
the CEB had ascertained "a consumption of electricity five to
six times higher than usual" and this overvoltage - whose
possible origin could have been "a three-phase short circuit" or
a "power demand" - managed to blow the electric grid's cables.

"We didn't find a short circuit", Campo noted, assuring that the
second alternative was that "something had drawn power."

Technicians state that the weather conditions could not have
brought about the blackout. No one could explain the phenomenon
that resulted in peak consumption of 1050 amperes on the
electric lines.

"At 22:11, three minutes after service was restored, a new
blackout occurred that prompted repair crews to conduct a
detailed scan of the city's power lines", stated the CEB,
stressing that the search was conducted from "post to post"
without any evidence suggesting the reason for the blackouts
being found. Neither the National Interconnected System nor
short-circuits, much less acts of vandalism, could account for
the blackouts. "Surveys by repair crews enabled us to determine
that no acts of vandalism had occurred on conductors or
isolators, and furthermore, the favorable weather conditions
dismissed the possibility that the problem could have been
brought about by powerful winds."

No technical explanation justified the successive interruptions
and brown-outs recorded throughout the city [of Bariloche].

At the same time that a sizeable part of the city was plunged
into darkness, residents of the city's eastern section saw very
bright lights flying swiftly over the mountains in the sector
near the airport.

One witness even said that a "mothership" - larger than the rest
- led a formation over Cerro Leones and that smaller ships
pulled into it, producing sparks s they did so. He pointed out
that the maneuver occurred at least twice, coinciding with the
successive brown-outs and blackouts all over the city.

This hypothesis appears to be confirmed, with some differences,
by Gustavo and Beatriz Riveros, who saw two lights fly by - one
from Cerro Carbon - and that "merged" over Cerro Leones.

Other witnesses noted that the sighting took place over several
minutes and that they were able to see strange lights over Lake
Nahuel Huapi and toward the south. They agreed that the size of
the larger vessel was twice that of a streetlight, and that the
objects emitted bright flashes of light with red, yellow and
white tones.

Andrea, Natalia and Carolina Caparro, of the Nicol=E1s Lavalle
district, told the TELAM news agency that at 22:30 hours that
evening they had seen "a sort of saucer with red, yellow, green
and white flashes of light, and another object, slightly larger
and elongated, with red and yellow lights." The luminous objects
"remained suspended in the air for several minutes before
heading off toward the lake sector."

Although their sightings began around 23:30 hours, relatives and
neighbors "had seen it much earlier".

"These were lights of various colors and at low altitude. They
made no noise whatsoever, and whenever a bright white light
appeared, the power went out", said America Jara, a witness to
the sighting.

Several residents of the city's higher section got in touch with
radio and TV stations to report seeing [objects resembling]
stars that moved and gave off red, yellow, green and "glowing
white" flashes of light between 22:30 and 23:45 hours.

The lights moved back and forth in a straight line until
"another object, elongated and the size of a small soda bottle"
appeared, and they docked with it, according to locals.

This docking maneuver took place "with a great flash, like a
burst of electricity, and lights immediately went out all over
the city", said a woman who asked to remain anonymous, like
other residents of Bariloche.

Residents of Dina Huapi, the downtown area, the IPPV districts
and other parts of the city also contributed eyewitness

The CEB also received information from a well-known resident of
the San Francisco district, who claimed seeing "something like a
red ball" descending in a zigzag maneuver at full speed at the
long pedestrian stairway at Tiscornia. In this case, of course,
the structure is located under a medium voltage line and could
have easily been an electric discharge or loss of power.

The local airport reported that but for the power interruption,
an inconvenience remedied by the repair crews, "no strange
events were reported" in that district.

"They were private planes arriving for the weekend and took off
at the end of the day on Sunday. Furthermore, there were also
nocturnal flights", explained an official with the local weather

Problems continued - without repairs being made -" until 1:34
a.m., without any evidence suggesting an explanation for the
occurrence. Power was restored to the lines as from that moment
without further inconvenience."

Tuesday, April 14, 1998

A new electric blackout occurs with no official explanation
being offered. A sizeable part of the city was left completely
in the dark.

Julio Posse, a resident of Barrio Melipal, said: "...a very
bright glow was seen to the east of Cerro Otto. My family
witnessed it from inside the house. My children said: "Daddy,
the UFOs!" and I replied: "Yes, the UFOS..."

The storm that punished the city that night may have accounted
for not as many reports as on Sunday, when the sky was
completely cloudless.

Luis Baigorria, a spokesman for the CEB, noted that Tuesday's
power loss went "...from Kilometer 1 of Bustillo Avenue to
Puerto Moreno. A few minutes after the power was lost, the lines
charged up again, but protections appeared again and the problem
repeated itself in the same area..."

"...Yet again, no evidence was found to determine that the
interruption was due to deliberate reasons that affected the
lines, or any logical circumstances that could have affected the
supply of electricity", Baigorria concluded.

Engineer Claudio Campo explained: "What happened on Tuesday was
identical to Sunday, but there were no records in this case,
since the Puerto Moreno transformer station isn't there, and no
succession of events was recorded..."

Wednesday, April 15, 1998

Around 22:30 hours, Adrian Zuber, an employee with a
transportation company, captured the maneuvers of a strange and
bright light in the direction of Cerro Leon with his Sony
camera. The recording showed a vast black background on which a
light can be seen to glow "intensely and incessantly" with red,
blue, yellow and green flashes. These flashes can be seen more
clearly when the zoom function is applied, but the shape cannot
be seen clearly, although a halo can be made out.

"It was very shocking", said Zuber. All day he received calls
from all national and foreign media, including from Germany and
the United States.

The local resident traveled some 15 kilometers from his home,
near the 255 School, to the intersection of Routes 23 and 237,
where he made the recording. The last flight recorded from the
local airport was a little after 20:00 hours, over two hours
before the recording was made. Local Channel 6 broke the story
and broadcast the images.

=B7 America Noticias - 14 April 1998
=B7 Diario Popular - 14 April 1998
=B7 El Vocero - Puerto Rico - 20 April 1998.
=B7 La Ma=F1ana del Sur
=B7 Rio Negro - 14 April 1998
=B7 Rio Negro - 17 April 1998
=B7 TELEFE Noticias - 17 April 1998

Translation (c) 2011, S. Corrales,
Institute of Hispanic Ufology (IHU).
Special thanks to Carlos Iurchuk, El Dragon Invisible.

Posted By Inexplicata at 6:50 AM

Argentina: Villa Huidobro - Another Interrupted Journey (1983)

Argentina: Villa Huidobro - Another Interrupted Journey (1983)
By Lucio Daniel Rossi and Norberto L. Medina
Grupo CONEX - Rio Cuarto - Cordoba
(from the Contactos ET bulletin published by CONEX, 1997)

During the first minutes of Christmas, 1983, a family from Rio
Cuarto traveling from Villa Huidobro to Huinca Renanco was
intercepted by a vast luminous vessel. While an abduction event
occurred during this incident, it will not form part of this
report, as is still being researched. The remainder of the
experience is nonetheless very interesting, and while not a
current case, it is being published for the first time, as it
was only made known to CONEX by the experiencers after having
kept it secret all these years.

The Sordi Family, made up of Armando Sordi, his wife D., his
eldest daughter F., his youngest daughter M. and his mother-in-
law, H. (the family currently includes a new daughter born years
after the incident) decided to spend Christmas Eve, 1983 at the
home of some relatives of D., who lived in Villa Huidobro (a
small town located in southern Cordoba, near the border with the
province of La Pampa).

As they dined outdoors, a strong wind kicked up, heralding a
Christmas storm. However, D. could not see that likely storm. At
the same time, M. (three months old at the time) was upset, as
if not feeling well, a symptom that had been for a number of
hours earlier.

The little one's state was a concern to her parents and
grandmother, and they decided to have her checked out by any
doctor in Huinca Renanco (which is a few dozen kilometers from
Villa Huidobro, localities set out in a straight line parallel
to the northern limit of La Pampa).

Therefore, around 12:30 and 12:45 in the morning, the family set
out to Huinca Renanco in Armando's Ford Falcon. Armando was at
the wheel with his wife to his right, holding M. in her arms. In
the back seat were H. and F., asleep on H.'s lap.

They went along the dirt road and immediately reached the
highway, passing by a large tree grove on the side. Armando
drove his Falcon urgently, remarking on the darkness of the sky
to D., but his wife, strangely enough, was unable to notice any

However, D. was able to make out a glow in the distance, to her
left. In that direction, something resembling "a large communion
wafer" - translucent and white - appeared in the air. It rose
quickly into the air "with the movement of a balloon being
released" before stopping again.

At that moment, the object acquired a yellowish cast to its
outline. It was no longer as luminous as before, but "very
nearly transparent."

=46rom that moment onward, the circular object began moving toward
them with a strange motion that D. defined as "halting, as
though something were pushing it from behind. For that reason it
looked increasingly larger and flying very low."

Despair gripped the family. H. screamed in terror, weeping and
shaking her arms "as if to make that thing go away". F. remained
asleep, Armando and D. were nervous and M. remained with her

Faced with this situation, Armando pulled over to the road's
shoulder and got out of the car. It should be noted that Armando
does not recall having gotten out of the car, a detail that D.
remembers clearly, as she had leaned over M.'s little body in an
instinctive and maternal act of protection. And from that
position, she remembers seeing only her husband's leg and foot
beside the car.

The UFO remained at the vehicle's left, flying at low altitude
and only a few dozen meters away. It was reddish in color, but
giving off a powerful white glow. "I suddenly heard Armando say
that it was flying over us and stopping over some eucalyptus
trees that formed a long curtain to our right", says D., who
from her huddled position could only move her head to look.

"I was able to see it clearly. It was immense and rotating at an
alarming rate. It was noiseless and moved like a hummingbird,
one moment here, and another there", added D., who notes that
the UFO brushed over the tree boughs, or in her words,
"caressing them". Armando and D. agree that the "device's"
measured some 25 meters in diameter. It changed colors (from red
to orange, yellow, white and green) and always irradiated a
powerful white glow that flooded the surroundings. "It looked
like daytime; we couldn't even see the car's headlights",
Armando stressed. They also noticed that the UFO had dark spots
they described as "portholes."

After a few minutes, the object flew over them again, placing
itself in the position it had originally held, that is to say,
to the automobile's left, slightly beyond the train tracks that
run parallel to the road.

As it remained there, the couple noticed that another car was
heading toward them on the opposite lane. This reassured them,
as they believed the UFO would be seen by those aboard the car,
and that they might stop. Mysteriously, the UFO vanished,
"turning itself Off", and the other car sped by, probably
without its occupants noticing its anomalous presence.

Once the car took off, the UFO "lit up" again. The family then
decided to continue its journey and get away from that "device",
retaking the road to toward Huinca Renanco. Even more
surprising, the UFO also began to move, parallel to the paved
road, following them at the same speed and at low altitude
(almost over the electric cables), lighting the areas over which
it flew.

Whenever Armando slowed down, the UFO did the same. It even rose
into the air to dodge the facilities of an abandoned
refrigeration plant, otherwise it would have crashed into it.
=46rom that moment onward, it maintained the same altitude, making
a zigzagging motion before reaching Huinca Renanco, ascending at
a prodigious rate of speed, and remaining in the sky as a small
red dot, then vanishing altogether. The family would have
further sightings after this incident.

Carlos Alberto Iurchuk of El Dragon Invisible managed to meet
Armando Sordi at the Rio Cuardo UFO Convention held in November
1998. Sordi agreed to be interviewed. (available at

Translation (c) 2011, S. Corrales, IHU. Special thanks to Carlos
Iurchuk, El Dragon Invisible

Posted By Inexplicata at 4:26 AM

Mexico: Airliner Tailed By Two Spheres

Aeromexico pilotAntonio Hercedescribes the manner in which two
objects -- flying at 850 kmh -- escorted another Aeromexico
airliner out of Hermosillo, Sinaloa. Captain Herce was able to
see the luminous spheres after making sustained radio contact
with the pilot of the aircraft being "tailed". An exclusive
interview with Ana Luisa Cid on the La Sobremesa program. Video
at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8A3VSjTriLM

Posted By Inexplicata at 3:33 AM

Listen to 'Strange Days... Indeed' - The PodCast



These contents above are copyright of the author and
UFO UpDates - Toronto. They may not be reproduced
without the express permission of both parties and
are intended for educational use only.

[ Next Message | This Day's Messages ]
This Month's Index |

UFO UpDates Main Index

UFO UpDates - Toronto - Operated by Errol Bruce-Knapp

Archive programming by Glenn Campbell at Glenn-Campbell.com